Saturday, March 15, 2008

Disney on Ice! "Princess Wishes"






If you read my last post you knew this was coming. I've been anticipating taking Elle to this for weeks now. I owe a lot to my cousin Britney who came through in the clutch getting us 8th row tickets! (and aisle seats with plenty of leg room...thanks Brit!) So I started gearing Elle up for this a week before just telling her how excited I was and how much fun it would be and after justifying and convincing Toby to let me buy her a little Princess costume for it, I began asking her who she wanted to be. Big mistake. She begged to be Belle and I seriously went to 3 different Targets and 2 Walmarts looking for it. Sold out. The night before I decided Snow White would be a good 2nd place choice and bought that dress. Well the morning of that didn't go over so well. Those of you who saw her could vouge ( how do you spell that?) for me. She cried all morning that she didn't want to be Snow White she wanted to be Belle. It was a pretty dramatic scene. It took a lot of convincing that Snow White was the "coolest", and although she didn't buy that her tears turned into a smile when she finally put the dress on and she realized how cute she looked. It was so cute -while we were there watching the show she said she was too cold to take her jacket off but when Snow White came out on the ice she unzipped that jacket as fast as she could. Cash was a trooper and did so well through the whole show. You can see by these pictures how much he enjoyed it. Toby would be proud. The whole thing was just fun and such a great memory to share with my little princess. I love you Elle.

13 comments:

Amberlee said...

What a fun night! Samantha walked into the room while I was looking at this post- and she said "oh wow my friend Elle looks so pretty!" I'm glad you girls had so much fun!

Jami said...

Ya we learned really quick that we can't even mention ideas until we know they are a done deal. Tell Elle that she looked beautiful as Snow White.

Jill Bowcutt said...

I'm so jealous! Boys seriously get ripped off. I'm writing Disney and telling them we need a Super hero night or something. What a fun memory for Elle though. She looked so cute.

Anonymous said...

Jos,
LOVE THIS ! Elle was so sad about the lack of Belle costumes available that morning but from the pics looks like there couldn't have been a cuter Snow White! FUN! I keep telling Sage we are going to have ALL GIRLS when we do have kids...I wouldn't mind!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun night. Elle looks very cute in her costume. That is the only bad thing about having a boy, no dress up. Oh well, maybe the next one will be.

Brianne & Jarod said...

How CUTE! I think that Elle was an adorable snow white! YOU look so beautiful in the picture of you with her and Cash.. Reading this post makes me want to have a girl :) Sure wish that I had the chance to see your cute ones in person...(maybe this summer :)

Meli T said...

That Elle is a little cutie and Cash is quite the looker too. I don't know what Preston would do with a little princess but I think it would be fun.
By the way My Edward is Matthew Cohen. He's not much of an actor but he's got the look.

justin and jaime wimmer family said...

Hi Jos, I was excited to see you made it to see the princess. I took Lyr and Ari on Thurs. night. It was so fun to see Ari so excited. She loves princesses and was so excited she had a hard time sleeping that night. It would have been fun to see you guys and get a pic of the girls dressed up. What night did you go?

Lenzi Woodbury said...

That just made me want to have 5 little girls even though I keep swearing I only want boys!! :) Looks like a blast! Princess dress & all! You are such a fun girly Mom! **Thanks for the post about my Dad, it made me all teary-eyed!!

Lenzi Woodbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jos, I bag tag you look at my blog for more info
Here are the rules:
1) Take a picture of your bag
2) Show a picture of ALL the contents in your bag and name them. (NO CLEANING OUT FIRST) Wha? Me clean? Huh, yeah right.
3) "Bag Tag" 5 to 10 people
4) Make sure to leave a comment on their blog so they know THEY'VE BEEN TAGGED.

Cameron and Michelle said...

So fun!! It's been a while. Any updates on baby Cash? When are we going to cali? Any st george trips soon?

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, we took Addison to Princesses on Ice when she was 2 and it was sooooo cute and so fun. I am glad you got to go to this. Addison dressed up as Cinderella and she had her eyes straight forward and paying attention the entire time. I loved it! Elle looks adorable.