Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An "Enchanted" Evening





Happy Birthday Mom! Wow what an amazing mother and grandmother and what a fun night we had. Birthday's were always a big deal at my house growing up and my mom always had a theme for us and made the night so special so we wanted to repay her. My mom loved the movie "Enchanted" so my brother pulled some strings and got a copy of the movie early so we were able to surprise her with an "Enchanted" evening. We got cafe rio salads for everyone (one of my mom's favorites) and had chocolate brownies,apple pie, and vanilla ice cream for dessert. My Dad was so cute and got all the girls (or princesses rather) in the family little tiara's to wear which of course Elle and Brooklyn loved. We got my mom a new chandelier to go above her kitchen table along with a few other little things. We played games and then topped the night off by watching her show. For any of you who have not seen it....SEE IT! I thought it was absolutley adorable...and Toby did too:) So cute. The icing on the cake was tickets to Disney on Ice "Princess" Wishes for all the girls! I'm so excited about it I feel like a kid again. That will be a guaranteed post Friday night. Happy Birthday again mom! p.s. notice the picture of Elle in tears at such a happy occasion? She isn't so fond of sharing her grandma:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Enchanted LOVE Amy Adams LOVE that your family honors birthdays in this way...I will have to drop by the Downs residence on the next big day!

Amberlee said...

I just love your family!!Seriously!
Please wish your cute mom a Happy Birthday (late) and while you're at it- give my love to the rest of the Downs fam!

Jami said...

Your family is amazing. I love how they make birthdays SO special. I always have big goals to do this but when it comes right down to it - I go with the same old boring thing.

justin and jaime wimmer family said...

Josi, What a fun night!! You have a great family. We did think of your mom while we were celebating with Doug. I can't believe you went to the Flats concert and left early. Jk! The stress we go through being a Mom. Your a great one at that. Hope all is well with everyone.