Monday, March 24, 2008

"I Look Great!"



So I get that the funny and cute things kids do are so much funnier and cuter to their own parents...but really Toby and I thought this was so funny. We put Elle in her new swim suit to make sure the size fit. Well she looked so cute in it I asked her if she wanted to see herself in the mirror. I thought she'd just say, "cute!" and want to hop down, but she didn't....she just stood and stared forever. Then she proceeded to turn around to check out how she looked from the back. Wow. (She must have seen Toby do that one too many times:) I was laughing so hard at how intent she was and serious about this swimsuit. Then after that long silence I said, "so Elle what do you think?" Her reply? "I look Great!" I'm glad she's not lacking any confidence at this point in her little life. :)

12 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

So stinkin' cute! I love all your "ELLE" stories Jos :) Keep posting those cute conversations on the side :) I always get a big smile, and look forward to having my own kind of conversations with Isaac.

Amberlee said...

I love the sassiness! She is adorable! What a cute suit!

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious! She really is a doll and I must say that the suit is adorable. Now that it is getting warmer we need to get together and take the kids to the park.

Unknown said...

Ew girl you are in for it!!!! That is such a trait of my husband's family, they all LOVE to look at themselves in the mirror and my kids have totally adopted that, it swear its hereditary!

Tara said...

That is too cute, I love that she did that.

Anonymous said...

Jos, This girl is going to give you a run for your money.......Smart, confident, and pretty? YIKES! Watch out BOYS!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Oh, you are kidding me! Her face in that first picture says it all. I love it!

hollie said...

Way super cute! Did you see that I have three boys? I am thinking we should do some introductions in the future. After looking at this I would for sure try for a girl!

Laura said...

so funny - love how toby gets blamed for showing her how to check out her backside! cant believe how old elle is now - she's darling!

Sonya said...

She cracks me up! I love the swimsuit too! I am so glad that it will be warm enough to swim soon! I have spring fever BAD!!!

The Blanchard Family said...

Hey, will you email me your email address? I have decided to make my blog private. casiblanchard@yahoo.com

Jami said...

Oh seriously, that is too cute! I'm pretty sure she learned it from her dad :)