Thursday, October 1, 2015

Riverton Hospital / Our Home Away from Home
















Well. What can I say? We know this place like the back of our hands. We're getting pretty good at knowing when we need to bring this little guy in. He had been a bit sick the night before on Saturday. Of course, it's always a weekend. Sunday morning was General Conference and I can not express how looking forward to enjoy the talks and spend a nice Sunday home with my husband and kids. It just wasn't meant to be. His treatments weren't helping, the hot shower didn't help, and in the middle of conference I just told Toby it was time to take him in. I'm getting so used to this I just told him I could go myself and keep him updated. So that's exactly what I did. Me and my little guy just drove straight over and this time it was a little different because right when I got there as I was checking in a nurse came around the corner, saw him, came and listened and then just whisked him away. That made me nervous. I think I waited too long this time. The respiratory Therapist came right in too and within minutes had high flow brought down from upstairs into the ER room and hooked him right up. He told me that if his numbers didn't go down they would need to life flight him again to Primary Childrens. I couldn't believe it. I had waited too long. I felt horrible. I turned conference on in the room and just listened and held my baby boy. I felt blessed that he started to respond to it right away and started to do so much better. They admitted him a couple of hours lated and we headed upstairs.  It's getting a bit harder to keep him happy. When he starts feeling better he doesn't want to just lay in my lap anymore…he wants to play and be entertained. I got tired pretty quickly and had Toby come over as soon as my family could go help with the kids. The Dr.'s and Nurses are all so cute because at this point most of them know him and love him. They call him their little frequent flier. It was nice to have some toys brought in and put the crib up and let him play. I love the one of him looking through the bars to see the  tv. He's the cutest kid in the world. I think we were there two days this time and they made a plan of putting him on an every day nebulizer using budecinyn to see if that can help with his lungs a bit. That would be nice because as much as a love my time in the hospital I hate seeing my little bud like this. Here's to hoping it's a while before we are back.

No comments: