Friday, March 31, 2017

BYU Scrimmage

This is one of those days that I look most forward to in the year. It just brings back such wonderful memories of Toby's playing days…and it's such a bonus that we get to share it with the kids. This year we opted to leave the two little ones home so we could just really focus on showing the older kids BYU, and selfishly so we could relax a bit. Toby was already down there for work so Elle and Cash drove down with me and we just met up with him there. We were a bit late to the scrimmage but got there in time for the kids to see and talk with Coach Sitake, Chad Lewis, and some others as well as for Cash to catch a 30 yard pass from Tanner Mangum the quarterback. That was pretty cool. It's also really cool to see Toby in his element talking to old friends and the new coaches. Everyone loves him and he's just so happy and fun there. I love it. After the scrimmage we walked over to the Smith Fieldhouse for the bar b que and met up with the Paynes. I love the Paynes. I love Amanda and I love where we all pick up right where we left off. I love catching up with them and laughing and just being around them. It was great. The kids took lots of pictures int he photo booth, ate lots of good, got some free gear and then we headed over to the book store where we picked out more gear but this time it wasn't free. Thanks Tob! We got ice cream from the creamery and walked around a bit and reminisced and encouraged the kids to work hard and get good grades so they could go there! I sure wish I would have tried harder in high school. I did pretty well but just not enough to get in there. Glad I could live vicariously through Toby! It was a wonderful day and such great two on two time with the older two. Already looking forward to next year.

No comments: