Saturday, October 28, 2017

Our First REAL Girls TRIP!!!












I CAN NOT believe that we actually made this happen!!!! Elle and I have never done anything like this before! But you know what? The stars just kind of aligned and I took a couple of deep breaths and just went for it! I was honestly a bit nervous to drive down to St. George without Toby. But the boys had games going on and Toby had stuff, but Elle and I had nothing so we packed up and headed down to St. George on Thursday. We got a late start so we spent the night in Cedar City at the Marriott. It was perfect because I only had to drive 3 hours in the dark and we got to wake up and get free breakfast! Then after breakfast we drove straight down to the temple and Elle and I did baptisms together. It was such a special experience to be there with her and tell her the stories behind the St. George Temple. After we went and checked into our condo where we ate, talked, swam, and watched movies for the next two days. We ate Cafe Rio that night, Elle played her Ukalele out on the balcony and we just enjoyed being together. The next morning we did some shopping, laid out by the pool again, and then went over to see the Kelsch's new house which by the way is pretty dang incredible. Elle was in love with the backyard…and so was I. Then Michelle and the girls and I all went to Puppy Love to hold the puppies and to TJ Maxx and then to dinner at the Olive Garden. We also got Zeppes for Dessert. It was so nice to just be able to focus on her, hear all of her fun stories about school, and friends, and help our relationship even grow stronger. How lucky am I to have a daughter like her?? She's incredibly smart, talented, uninhibited, strong-willed, beautiful, and witty. She's the perfect traveling companion and I can't wait for all the girls trips we'll have together.

No comments: