Friday, October 20, 2017

The Play House is Done!








This has been a dream of mine for about as long as I can remember. Probably ever since Uncle Ed built one for his girls in Preston Idaho. We spend so many days and nights out in their playhouse playing everything and anything and I LOVED being in there. It had a loft and electricity and a little water pump right outside of it. When Elle was little I imagined having one in my backyard for her but with the backyard we had, and our finances, it just wasn't feasible. But I never stopped dreaming and collecting pictures of different ones that I liked and when we moved in this new house I kept pestering Toby about it telling him how badly I wanted one for our kids. Even with Elle all grown up I knew she'd love it. She could do her art work in there, play guitar, have sleepovers, hang with the boys, anything and everything. And I knew that my boys would love it too. - We saved up our money and after 2 years of living here and finally getting the landscaping done we thought it would be okay to start looking into having one built. I got a couple of different names off of ksl and called one or two of them. One of them really intrigued me. His name was Jake, he was young, and he was a one man show but I could tell he was hungry for the opportunity. I did not make a mistake of choosing him. He exceeded our hopes and MORE!!! He built this from the ground up, without any blueprints, just off of pictures I showed him and ideas I had in my head. HOW COOL IS THAT?! It turned out even more beautiful than I imagined. The loft inside is amazing. He built the cutest bench and dog bed for Westley. He just did an incredible job at an incredible place. The kids all really took to him and we are just so happy with it. The day it was done Elle pretty much packed up her room and moved out there and the kids have already had a sleepover in it. I imagine lots of tea parties, playing house, playing games, late night talks, and I can even picture my little grandkids playing out there someday. I am absolutely in love with it.

No comments: