Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Mom’s Dates with Each of the Kids

















I couldn’t let Toby have all the fun. We do a lot of one on one dates inadvertently, but this has taught me that we HAVE to do more of this intentionally. Each child got so excited when it was there turn to have a date with me, just like they did with Toby. I let each one pick where they wanted to get food from and what activity they wanted to do. Kemp got the first date and he chose Culver’s and a park. Since we can’t touch the playground (thanks Covid) I got creative and bought some Gigantic bubbles we could do together. We went to sky park and had so much fun making the biggest bubbles I’ve ever seen! We were so close to Grandma and Grandpas house we had to go show them behind their house in the woods. We hate that we can’t hug them but it was good to see them for a bit. He also wanted to show the other kids how cool they were so we went home and had fun blowing bubbles with them too. I love that little Kemp he is so dang cute and just always so happy. I loved my time with him.

Next was my date with Tate. He chose Taco Bell and Tennis! We had so much fun playing together over at the park in Daybreak. We threw out a blanket and ate our food and laughed and talked. He’s so lovey. Kept telling me how much he loves me and he’d put his arm around me for hugs. Then we set up our stuff to go play tennis. He loves watching Elle and looks up to her so much. He really likes playing as a family but wants to get better so I fed him lots of shots. We played a few “games” and then he wanted the family to join us so we called them over and we all played together. We had a blast. I love him to the moon and back.

Then it was Cash’s turn. He wanted to do breakfast food so we went over to get takeout from IHOP. Problem was they were closed. So we called in our food to The Original Pancake House. While we waited we drove around and looked at new houses and landscaping and talked about how he might want to be a builder someday. Then we picked up our food and went back to the backyard to watch a movie on the outdoor sofa. I LOVED that he wanted to do that. We put on Cool Runnings just he and I. It was awesome. He’s just the best kid. I loved spending that day with him.

Last was Elle. We’re different in a lot of ways but really similar in others. I LOVE that we both share a love for plants. We started off by driving down to Sun River Gardens. We walked around and looked around at all the indoor gorgeous houseplants and picked out a few. We walked outside too. We picked up some vegetable seeds and wildflower seeds for our garden. We both love that store. Then we drove to Magglebys express and ordered food and sat in the car and ate it. She is so bright and how so much to say. She loves music and loves to share how she’s feeling. As we pulled in the neighborhood I pulled into the church parking lot and told her to switch me places. Without any training at all I told her to try driving a little. We couldn’t stop laughing at how she didn’t know what she was doing. She was using both feet, left and right, for the brake and the gas. It was pretty funny. I love her laugh and getting to be together just the 2 of us. I love her.

It was a great week getting that time together with the 4 of them. I have the most incredible kids in the entire world. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

No comments: