Sunday, April 5, 2020

Strawberry Jam and Easter Care Packages








Toby and I have been trying to think of ways we could help and lift peoples spirits through this hard time. For awhile we thought of putting together little Quarantine packages with toilet paper and hand sanitizer etc but since those items are quite IMPOSSIBLE to find I decided to go another direction and do some Easter Quarantine Packages. My kids LOVE confetti eggs so I was able to find a whole bunch of them, after much searching, and we bought a bunch of $1 boxes of candy, and I printed off my favorite picture of Christ and put them together for a bunch of family members and friends. Tried to teach my kids how important it is to serve. We loved doing them and taking them around. We also had the kids color lots of pictures and write a few letters, and we took them to an assisted living home to be handed out to the older people there who can’t have any visitors right now. We really hope it brightened their day. - And then with all this time on our hands I was hoping I could better myself in some way shape or form. :) I’ve always just taken from my moms stash of strawberry jam but figured it was time to grow up and make my own. I was pretty proud of myself for making my FIRST batch of homemade Strawberry Jam!!!!

No comments: