Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008!

Wow. We did it. I don't know how we did it...but we did it.:) Highlights: *Visiting Winder Dairy and seeing the "real" Santa Claus while eating scones and drinking hot chocolate and Egg Nog. Unreal. *Decorating our house with all of our "twismas detorations" *Wimmer family Christmas Party *Making gingerbread houses at Grandpa and Grandma's and winning a gold dollar for the prize! *Driving through the "Night Before Christmas" Street and "Sister Halls" House *Seeing Tory and Janie and AYSON! such a cute kid *Getting pulled by a sled at G and G's Christensen's *Sleeping underneath the Christmas Tree *Wonderful Christmas Lessons by both families *Leaving carrots for Santa and chocolate chip cookies for the reindeer...wait a minute! (Elle thinks she's pretty funny) *Seeing the footprints Santa left on our stairs. (elle just kept yelling Santa's so crazy!) *Opening presents with the kids downstairs. Makes me feel like a kid again. In fact it's better than when I was a kid. *Watching Elle get her Cupcake Maker and then making the worst Cupcakes I've ever seen but Elle thinking they are an absolute masterpiece. *Getting pulled behind Grandpa Greg's car in the sleigh with Brooklyn and Josh. "Keep going Grandpa!" *Celebrating T.J's Birthday. Happy Birthday TJ! *Girls Christmas Dinner- SO glad we could get together Lenzi- even if it was only for a few minutes:) *Movie and Game nights with Aunts and Uncles and Cousins I'm sure I'm missing more but this about sums it up. I'm so thanful for a wonderful Christmas season full of memories and thoughts about the true meaning of Christmas. We are so thankful for the birth and the life of our Savior Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

Lenzi Woodbury said...

WOW! You had a very busy & FUN Christmas! I'm so glad we were able to get together even if it was cut short. We'll have to do it again soon but when we aren't all so dang busy!

I'm glad Elle made awesome cupcakes the first time around. :)

Brianne & Jarod said...

What a fun Christmas. Soooo there were some people from my ward down here making fun of Utah. I politely told them that I was from Utah, and PROUD of it. One womand said, well you are really pretty to be from Utah...and I said, there are a TON of beautiful girls in Utah, you should see pictures of my friends! She acted so surprised. I am wondering what they think "pretty" is in Texas!

As always LOVE Elle stories! Cash is getting so big. I sure hope I get to see you/them this summer!!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I wish I could have joined the girls for dinner...to busy wearing a Cheesehead in Greenbay! HA! Sounds like a great Christmas. Glad you joined us for the CRUD tourney...you actually missed Sage's 09 victory at 2AM! Fun!