Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tate's Stitches




I CAN NOT believe it. I CAN NOT believe that I have been a mother for 8 plus years and have never had a child with a broken bone or stitches until the morning of Todd's Viewing. THAT's when my baby decides stitches are in order. What a mess I was. Trying to get showered ready and get the kids all dressed and ready and get there early enough to practice the kids song for the funeral, having a million things on my mind, already an emotional mess. I've got Tate next to me in the bathtub trying to get him cleaned up while I'm blow drying my hair and he slips while standing up. He's done it a million times but this time he slips and hits his eye in just the right spot and pop. I immediately knew he was going to need stitches and with my emotions already all over the place I just lost it. I started screaming for Toby, and basically let him take over from there. He called our dr's office and begged them to just let us bring him there. I called Jami Hodges balling and she came right on over and took care of him while I got somewhat put together and she watched the other kids while we ran him in. Cami Goff was the dr. that took care of him and I seriously considered writing her an apology note after to let her know why I was such a wreck. Tate wasn't even crying that much but I had a hard time keeping it together. Especially when they put him in that straight jacket and put the sheet over his eye. BRUTAL. But afterwards when we got in the car he was such a sweetheart and really made it easier on his mother. I love this little boy. Looking back it all worked out okay and we got there on time. Just a little extra story we can look back and remember with a smile someday.

No comments: