Friday, June 30, 2017

Elle and Cash's Last Day of School

I have been dreading this day coming for a long long long time. I've been disappointed since learning that even though Elle and Cash are only 2 1/2 years apart…the deadline for the school years make it so that the two of them won't ever be in middle school or high school together. (Elle is the youngest for her grade, Cash the oldest.) That means that once Elle leaves elementary school they will never be in school together again unless they go to the same college. This seriously breaks my heart! I loved having my big brother in school with me as a senior and me a sophomore.  I've been watching Elle and Cash go to school together, walk together, carpool together, do school activities together, and play at recess together for 5 years now. It'll be hard to watch Elle go off to Middle School alone and Cash stay back. They have gotten particularly close this past year as Cash has started hanging out with Elle and some of her friends at recess. He's even gotten the nick-name "turdy" since he's a 3rd grade and he seems to love it. They really are the best of friends. You don't really see or talk about one without the other. I LOVE them both so much and pray they will always stay close.








No comments: