Friday, June 9, 2017

Tate's BIRTHDAY!!!

For the longest time I've been telling this little boy I don't want him to turn 5. I just wanted him to stay my little 4 year old forever. As he big day was getting closer I think I got him all upset and worried I wasn't going to love him as much as a 5 year old. He'd get pretty worked up and even cry and say "Mom you're still going to love me when I'm 5 right?!" I'd assure him I would but I just love him so much I don't want him to grow up." Then he'd whine and cry a little more so I had to stop with that game. Gave him way too much anxiety. haha BUT I am so sad he's growing up! He is thee most incredible kid every. He brings us so much happiness and laughter…every. single. day.  - He was so excited for his birthday he could hardly wait! In fact Elle came walking downstairs the morning of his birthday around 7:30 or 8:00 to find Toby and I making his breakfast in bed and getting his presents ready. She said "Mom do you know Tate is crying?" I asked why and she said "Because he has been awake since probably 6:00 and says everyone forgot his birthday." I was dying! Guess I didn't wake up early enough for him. - He was so dang cute as we all walked in single with his breakfast on a tray. Cash asked for a bite and Tate said, "Four year old Tate would have said..no! Mine!  But 5 year old Tate will share."  hahahaha So glad Five year old Tate is so willing to share now. All he really wanted to do was go to McDonalds and Skye Park so that was pretty easy to make happen. Before that i decided to try and make Jordan's birthday special too so I took the two little boys and met my Dad and Jordan at Wingers to celebrate both of the birthday boys. I love that Tate calls Jordan his "birthday buddy." He still calls him that every time he sees him. It's hilarious.  Then we hit up McDonalds so he could get another Beanie Baby although they didn't have the penguin like he wanted..then to the park. After that we headed over to Jordan and Kristees and had a little cookout there where Grandma and Grandpa came through in the clutch with the penguin Beanie Baby. - Then the next night we all went to the BEES game where Grandpa was sneaky and got Jordan and Tate's name up on the score board. It was pretty sweet. It was super hero night so it was perfect for Tate and it was fun celebrating both of them there. They also had fireworks after which the kids loved. Pretty fun weekending celebrating my favorite 5 year old on the planet. He makes life better in every single way.

































No comments: