Wednesday, December 13, 2017

My Knee Trouble



So my knee has been bothering me for the last couple months. And by couple it's probably honestly been close to a year. I thought that it may be caused by the half marathon I ran awhile back that really messed up my i.t. band. But then I wasn't sure because it has continued to get worse even though I'm not running currently and haven't been for awhile now. Also it hurts pretty badly when I'm kneeling and then stand up. It actually takes me awhile to straighten my leg. It's weird. It started to get worse last week so I told myself it was probably time for me to call my cousin Jeremy and have him look at it. Then the other day as I was just walking around I realized it was pretty painful and felt really weird. An hour after that it was just getting worse so I pulled my pant leg up to look at it…and it was like twice it's normal size! It was the weirdest thing! haha. I showed Tob when he got home and he wanted to take me into one of his Dr.'s he knew from work. By that night I couldn't really even walk well on it. Totally had to limp cause it hurt so badly.  So we made an appointment the next morning and went into Dr. Marshall. He immediately said yep that is a ton of fluid and it will need to be drained. So he drained it, gave me a shot of cortisone, wrapped it, and honestly it felt a ton better by that night. He told me to stay off of it for a while and ice it…but I had plans to go shopping with Tara and Kat so…you know. Couldn't do that. The three of us went to Station Park and had the funnest time shopping together. I seriously love those two. Anyway, my knee so far has been a lot better. It didn't fill back up so I have no idea what the was or why it did it. Super weird.

No comments: