Saturday, December 2, 2017

Grandpa Ned Christensen






We feel like it was an incredible blessing to have spent this Thanksgiving at Kathy's home with Toby's Grandparents Ned and June there. He was so happy to be there and had a smile on his face almost the whole time. He LOVED watching the little children play outside. At one point Tate came running over and through his arms around him and said, "I love you Grandpa." It was one of the sweetest things I've seen to see Ned have big tears just running down his cheeks. It must have touched his heart so much. - Tob and I had the opportunity to run down to Spanish Fork and spend some time with he and June when we got work that he wasn't going to make it much longer. What a special and spiritual experience that was. I sat by June and held her hand as she read him scriptures. She explained to me, "I don't know if he can hear me, but I know he can feel the spirit when I do."  She was also pretty funny when we first got there and she said, "Ned doesn't have much on his to-do list today other than lay there with his mouth open and sleep." Haha what a fun and funny lady. Grandpa Neds sons were there too, both Kelly and Merrill as well as Merrills wife. Together we told stories, sang songs, and had a really wonderful time being so close to Grandpa during his last days. I'll never forget June looking over at him and saying, "Oh Ned, you are so Good. You are so sweet. We love you so much." It was just the tenderest thing. - He passed away a few days later. His funeral was absolutely beautiful but Toby and I did feel bad that he wasn't able to have his funeral held in Eugene where he spent the last 50 years of his life. I'm sure the church would have been overflowing. But it was a lovely funeral was some very sweet talks and words spoken. Toby and Cash are both named after Grandpa Ned with all of there middle names being Jay. Along with Todd. How grateful we are for their examples and all the work that Ned and June have done to raise such a wonderful posterity. We love them both immensely and will dearly miss Grandpa and Grandma's singing happy birthday to each and every one of us on our birthdays.

No comments: