Friday, November 24, 2017

Logan and Cutting Down Trees... Again!


















We arrived in Logan to the Marriott around maybe 7:30 or 8:00 pm. Just enough time for the kids to throw their swimsuits on and head to the pool. Toby went down and got in with them and I went down to watch. The pool had SO much chlorine in it! Even the room itself  without getting in the pool was stinging my eyes! My mom and Dad and Jake got a room this year too so it was fun to have them there. Once they were done swimming we went back to the room and put on a movie while I did someone online Black Friday shopping and then fell asleep. The next morning we made sure to take advantage of the free continental breakfast and then got all dressed and ready to go to Preston and cut down trees. Except we didn't have to cut down trees since we did it the week before so really I guess we were going up to be with everyone, help them find their trees, and let the kids play in the snow! It was a super easy year because that's all we did. Toby actually even stayed at the bottom of the mountain in the car while Kemp slept. We got Jace and Jamie's tree and I think that might have been it. Then we just headed back to the church for soup, salad, mud pie, and cousin time. We had a couple of really cute little "programs" from both my dad, (elle helped) and Aunt connie and then Santa Claus came! The weather was really beautiful for the boys played outside a ton too. Then we just headed home and listened to Christmas music the whole way back. I sure love this tradition of ours. One of my favorites. I can't ever imagine not having a real Christmas tree cut down from Idaho in my home for Christmas. It truly brings me so much happiness. Such a wonderful weekend for my family and I! I have so much to be grateful for and try so hard to show appreciation and let my Heavenly Father know that I acknowledge his hand in my life always. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: