Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

















This year was a pretty special Thanksgiving as we got to spend it with Todd's Parents, Ned and June Christensen, which was a first for us. Honestly I or my children have hardly had a chance to be around them at all since they have lived in Eugene Oregon for all of Toby and mine's married life. They were moved to Utah about 4 or 5 months ago by Todd's brother so that he could care for them better. We were so blessed that they were feeling well enough and that the weather was more than wonderful so that we could transport them to Alpine and spend a wonderful Thanksgiving with them. Ned couldn't say much but honestly his face said it all. He was all smiles and then he had a few moments of tears as he watched the little boys run around or even once was Tate came running up to him and gave him a hug and said, "I love you Grandpa." It was pretty special. The meal was incredible. All the foods a Thanksgiving Table should have and more. I made the rolls, sweet potato casserole, a Salad, and a Raspberry Cheesecake. I have to be honest I was pretty proud of it all. Turned out really good which isn't always the case for me. I really do love cooking Thanksgiving morning and having the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on in the background. Anyway it was a lovely Thanksgiving it was so nice spending it in Alpine. I had made sure we were all packed with everything we needed to head straight to Logan so when we finished up with the evening we loaded up and headed north! ( Also the day before we went on a beautiful walk around the lake as a family and then to the movie Thor after so I had to include pictures of that...and of course Kemp had a little breathing issue the night before Thanksgiving so included that as well.)

No comments: