Saturday, November 18, 2017

Cutting Down Our Christmas Trees (a week early)














We had to move plans around a little bit this year because it wasn't Josh's year to have the girls for Thanksgiving weekend, and there was no way we were going to let those little girls miss out on a tree hunt, so we decided to have some of us go up a week early and cut down our trees and then just go back up the next week with everyone else and just enjoy being up there but not have to worry about the trees. It worked out perfectly! Toby stayed back with the little boys and I rode up with Jordan, Dad, and Elle and Cash in Jordan's truck. Then Josh drove up with Liz and his girls. We stopped at Connie and Ed's to pick up our permits and had a good time reminiscing and looking at pictures all over Connie's house. I sure have a special place in my heart for Preston Idaho. We then headed up to Strawberry to cut the trees down. I can honestly say I'm not sure I have ever seen that canyon look more gorgeous that this time. It was truly a WINTER WONDERLAND. It just had the perfect amount of snow and it had just fallen. We listened to Christmas Music and talked and laughed and it all just worked out perfectly. With Jordan's truck we were able to drive pretty high up the mountain and it didn't take long for all of us to find out trees and cut them down with an electric saw. Threw them in the back of the truck and we were good to go! It really was so fun and I'm sure Toby was more than happy to know that I got both trees and that next week there will be no pressure on him to cut them down. It was nice spending time with the older kids and Jordan and my Dad. I sure enjoy being with them.


No comments: