Monday, September 15, 2014

IMC Murray. My New Home.

So here comes Tuesday morning and I find myself admitted to IMC hospital. I met with my new doctor, Dr. Esplin, and he went over what he felt like my game plan needed to be. He explained that I was towing the line of needing a blood transfusion, and he felt like I should just be monitored for a few days to make sure baby was doing well and to see if it was at all possible to see my blood score go up at all. We were confused because we felt like the whole reason we were brought to IMC was for a blood transfusion, but I also really trusted this doctor. He also felt like if I hemorrhaged once, it was likely to happen again, so he wanted me to stick around for awhile so they could keep a close eye on me and the baby. And so my stay began. My heart was broken because the next day was my kids first day of school. Elle's first day of Fourth grade and Cash's first day of FIRST grade. I didn't know how I was supposed to make everything work. I couldn't imagine not taking care of my sweet 2 year old, getting my kids ready for their first day of school, doing their hair, putting Elle's contacts in, getting their backpacks and lunches ready, driving them to school and walking them to their classrooms, giving them big hugs and kisses and being there for their back to school blessing from their Dad.  I cried a lot in the next two days. A lot. It was really hard being there. The nurses were so nice and I was very well taken care of. Three meals and snacks and smoothies brought to me daily. Lots of monitoring both from my room and down in MFM testing. I also was having frequent blood draws to check my crit score and as long as it didn't drop below 25 or 26 they felt okay with me not having a transfusion. I felt very safe but also just sad to not be home with my family. Toby was incredible and stayed with me as much as possible as well as making sure the kids were taken care of at home. He face timed me for their blessings and to put Elles contacts in. It made me smile but made me sad to not be there either. He spent every night with me that week which helped me not feel so lonely. We couldn't have done that without the help of family and friends. They all came together and were just incredible. So throughout this next week my bleeding really tapered off. So much so that I started to ask the doctors, residents, and nurses if  I could just go home. The consensus from all of them were that I needed to be there at very least a week, but most were saying until the baby came. Or at least i would need a blood transfusion before I went home. I couldn't even wrap my head around being there that long. It was harder than I would have ever thought staying in a hospital would be. Around comes that Friday. A doctor by the name of Branch came into talk to me. The doctors always showed up around 5:30 or 6:00 am which was so early but they were in about every hour throughout the night to monitor me anyway so I guess it didn't really matter. I told him that I really wasn't bleeding that much and did he think I could go home. He thought that I should still stay for awhile and most likely till the baby came. Again I was so disappointed. He walked out of the room and I told Toby that I needed to use the restroom. I got up and walked in the bathroom and couldn't believe it. I was bleeding heavily again. They took me down to MFM testing and honestly didn't even get hooked up to the monitors again before the nurses there just said she needs to be taken to Labor and Delivery immediately. From there they called the Dr. and I could hear him say I just saw her 5 minutes ago! It all happened so fast. He told them that I needed a blood transfusion immediately and they went to work getting me all ready for that. It was scary because again the blood just wasn't stopping. This lead into one of the hardest days and nights of my life.







No comments: