Sunday, August 6, 2017

Elle's Girl's Camp













I can't believe Elle was old enough to go to her first Girls Camp! Wasn't that just me there?! Man I wish time would slow down. As sad and nervous as I was to send her I was also so happy and excited for her. Girls Camp is just unlike anything else I know. It provides the best bonding for these young girls and there's no where I remember my testimony growing faster and stronger than during that week. I still remember the feeling I had at my girls camp. - The best part about sending Elle was that with Toby in the Bishopric I got to go up with him on their last night there for their testimony meeting.  It put my mind at ease knowing I got to go see her because for some reason I was so nervous to let her go! I just was worried about her being safe and worried if the other girls would be nice to her and include her since she was new. When Toby and I got there and she ran up to us I knew that she had been more than fine. She was all smiles!  She looked as though she had been having the time of her life! Swimming in the lake, a trip to the Manti temple, movie night and eating at a pizzeria, crafts and so much more. We ate dutch oven that night and then had testimony meeting. It was so neat to be able to hear my daughter share her thoughts and share her testimony for the first time in that type of setting. She has the greatest leaders and I couldn't be more thankful. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. I couldn't love this little yet big girl more.

No comments: