Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Sleeping Under the Christmas Tree and CHRISTMAS EVE!!!








































THE BEST TWO NIGHTS EVER!!! although for me growing up it was super special because we never all slept together in our living room where our upstairs Christmas Tree was. But my kids sleep in our family room together on our couch more than they sleep in their own beds. So I hope it is still special to my kiddos. But they all fell asleep to a Christmas movie the night before Christmas Eve under the tree together and I love it. But Christmas Eve is the really really best night. We invited all the Christensen's to now with us to the new Frozen movie so we all met for a matinee and we LOVED it! Such a good movie with great music! Then we came home for our own FONDUE night!!! ALL of us love this tradition a million. We have steak, chicken, shrimp, cheese, apples, chips, carrots, broccoli, bread, marshmallows, rice crispy treats, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, donut holes...it's a feast I tell ya! We drink apple cider and we had italian soda and we loved it. After the kids begged us to let them open their sibling gifts to each other so we did. It is just awesome to see each of them open gifts for each other and they just beam and get so much more excited giving then getting. Their hugs almost make me want to cry. I just love it. Then we headed over to my mom and dads for a bit to ring the bells and get the kids Christmas Pajamas, and let the kids sing their songs together. If I Were a Shepherd is my all time favorite. And it wouldn't be Christmas eve without Elle, Cash, Brooklyn, and Kayla singing Polar Express. haha Never gets old.
Then we headed home to put cookies and milk out, spread the magic reindeer food, track santa, and have a little lesson on Luke 2. We read the Christmas story and talk about our love for the Savior and his life. Then they all fall asleep together while I turn on the reading of the book the Polar Express. Most magical magical night. 

No comments: