Thursday, February 2, 2023

August




























































 August started with me doing all of the back-to-school dates with the kids. I love the one on one time with them, letting them pick their favorite places to eat and picking them out a first day of school outfit. I truly have the best kids and am grateful for this fun tradition we started a while back. 

I also decided to get family pictures done much earlier this year. Every year I feel like I am trying to rush to get them done before Christmas for the Christmas card. The kids are usually freezing and everyone’s a bit awry. Not this year! We went up to Albion basin early in August and took pictures in the wildflowers. Ironically, it still rained. But overall we all had a good attitude. We did the rain out and got some great pictures. So grateful to have them done early. 

We also tried really hard to get everything done on our summer bucket list. We stargazed, roasted, marshmallows at the fire pit, played a lot of tennis, walked around the lake, and hit donut Falls. Although donut Falls was only me Toby and the two little boys. The older kids had plans and we just couldn’t find a day to fit it in with the Stevens and the ashbys. So the four of us it was but we loved it! Not very often Toby and I get one on one with Tate and Kemp. We also made some fun Popsicles from scratch the boys love that so I’m sure it won’t be the last time we do it.

The kids went back to school on August 18. Elle is a senior. cash is in ninth grade. Taters in fourth grade and Kemp is in second grade. Hard to believe they’re all that old. We drove down for the weekend to St. George for Elle’stennis tournament and she did awesome. She’s really becoming quite the tennis player. Super proud of her. 

Oh, and all of the pictures of the house completely messed up and torn apart? That was all owls doing. She was letting me know of her displeasure of me hiding the cookies. I came out from my room to that! What a goofball. Nice way to make a statement! She cracks me up! And yes, I made her put it all back to the way it was. 

No comments: