Thursday, February 2, 2023

September



























































The beginning of September started with us, celebrating our favorite youngest son! Man, we love this kid. He brings so much sunshine, happiness, laughter, and complete joy and to our family. He got to go on his date with grandma Kathy that he loves so much. And then for his birthday all he wanted to do was to go to top golf with his family and the ashbys. So we totally made that happen. Such a fun night celebrating him with so many people we love the honestly feel like family. We also got to have a swim party with some of the football team and of course he got woken up with breakfast in bed and balloons. I think he felt pretty loved.  

It also happened to be his eighth birthday! Which means his baptism. This one snuck up on me. In the past I’ve had Jamie take my kids pictures but last kid problems. I ran out of time so I had to take them myself. Honestly, I’m so proud of how they turned out. I mean it’s pretty easy when you have a face that’s his cutest his to work with. He did such a great job and was so genuinely happy to be taking his baptism pictures in front of the temple. They turned out amazing. My goodness he’s a handsome little boy. His baptism was a wonderful day. Both Grandma Debbie and grandma Kathy spoke and did a wonderful job. He was just beaming the entire day. He loves his Savior. He loves the gospel, and he loves his family. It also happen to be homecoming! Dallin had of course asked Elle to the dance and at first they were worried they wouldn’t be able to make the baptism, but Dallin is such a good kid and had worked it out to be a little late and both he and Elle came to it. I’m so grateful. After the baptism we went home for food and to help get Elle off to the dance. She looked so beautiful. They really are the cutest best friends. We’re pretty big fans of Dallin over here. It was a wonderful and memorable day. 

We went to Silver Lake way later than we normally do in the month. So honestly, it was pretty cold to me that always marks the beginning of fall. I love that tradition. we loved walking around the lake and having a picnic together celebrating all of the birthdays. 

On kind of a sad note L finished off her high school tennis career. It didn’t end the way we were hoping. Too much to get into but honestly we didn’t feel as though it ended very fairly for her. I’m so proud of the way she handled herself. And I still feel like her coaches knew it wasn’t fair either, but all in all I know she’s very grateful for tennis and the friendships that she made because of it. Honestly, because of tennis she met Dallin and Taygen and was introduced to DECA, which has honestly been all the biggest part of her high school experience. So for that, we’re very grateful. As we drove away from Bingham high, which was where her last match was both of us were just in tears. So hard to believe it’s over. They say don’t blink for a reason. I feel like I experienced it that day. I’m going to miss watching her so much but I know it’s a sport that she loves, and will continue to play for years to come.

Another thing we did in September was go to the BYU game with Jamie and Jace and Boston and Cash and Tate. Such a fun group and such a great game. Always love being at Lavelle Edwards Stadium so many great memories there.


No comments: