Sunday, March 1, 2015

12344 S. Black Foot Street






I'm not even sure where to start with this post. So many mixed emotions and thoughts running through my head. This is our home. The place we brought 3 of our babies home to. We put a lot of sweat and hard work into this house. We put in the front yard, the back yard, all the landscaping, fencing, finished the basement, and lots of fixer-upper projects a long the way. It was a gathering place for our family. So many wonderful memories.  Friends and neighbors that have been more like family to us. The thought of leaving it made me sick to my stomach. But I also knew that the time was right. We needed to move before Elle was ready for middle school. I wanted her to feel established before that critical time in her life. We were just a little bit tight on space, a room short, and very little back yard for my kids to play in. I really wanted more room to host our families in. And again we just felt like the time was right. It was a leap of faith, a very scary move for me. Mostly just me, the rest of the family seemed more excited. I think I just am a very sentimental person and have a difficult time with change. - And the funny part is we only moved 2 miles away! hahaha....we're going to be able to stay close to everyone that we really want to and care about. - The way we came across this lot was from just going on Sunday drives and waiting till the right place came along. This place felt right. This lot felt right. I can't even begin to describe the building process. I will NEVER do it again. Beyond difficult. ESPECIALLY during the pregnancy that I had with Kemp. Bed rest, hospital stays, having the baby, the NICU for a month, and a new baby I couldn't take anyway for fear of RSV ect. It honestly got to a point where I just didn't care anymore. I had way too many far more important things on my plate and mind. But it turned out. And not only did it turn out it turned out close to PERFECT. I LOVE our new home. It feel right. The neighborhood feels right. I will always miss our first neighborhood and our home. But it's so close we can drive by anytime and we run into our friends and will have them over all the time. This is the new Gathering Place. And I couldn't be more grateful.

No comments: