Monday, July 5, 2021

Fourth of July Weekend

 I’ve always looked forward to the 4th of July. The swimming, fireworks, bar b que, family, friends. I love it all. The fourth fell on Sunday this year so we kind of got to make it a whole weekend thing. On Saturday we woke up early and walked to my parents for their pancake breakfast. Tate hated it. Hahah It was longer than he thought it would be but we survived. He just said he never wanted to do it again. Cracked me up. We ate breakfast at my parents and went back to our house to swim. On Monday we all swam at Kathy’s and had a fun bar b que. Honestly it was a bit of a hard weekend because things weren’t going well with Jake. He really was struggling and we honestly didn’t know where he was or what he was thinking and it kind of…well not kind of…really put a damper on things. But it’s not fair to the kids to not celebrate so we went ahead with a lot of the things and did our best to make it fun. It all worked out okay.

On another note Elle walked in the door at her curfew and walked straight into our room and flung the door open and loudly said "He kissed me!" hahaha I can't even explain how I felt. I wanted to die! Toby and I didn't say anything for a solid minute while we took it in. She had gone on a date with her crush Noah Malloy and she was just walking on sunshine. She couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. She was so dang cute and excited!












 



No comments: