Friday, July 9, 2021

NYC Day 1

 So after we finally got off the airplane, finally got our luggage and finally got our uber I was beginning to get really excited. I could see the city in the distance, then we started to drive through the city and I was just on cloud nine. We drove right past fifth avenue and I could see where Central Park was but then we just kept driving. And driving. I was starting to get worried because I was thinking we were staying closer to the park then apparently we were. When we finally got to our hotel it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. I tried to keep a smile on my face but deep down I was disappointed. It seemed to be in a beat down area and after we checked in and got to our room I couldn't believe how small it was and honestly just older. I didn't say anything and we decided to go find food. We were starving. Well we headed outside and I swear I watched a drug deal go down.  There were hardly any food places at all. A little convenience store on the corner, a tiny Italian place, and a Chipotle. Toby went for Italian but I wasn't in the mood for a slice of pizza so I headed to Chipotle. Where I got a salad and asked for chips and salsa as well but they were out of those and also had no dressing for my Salad. Call me high maintenance but I wanted to cry. On the way back I finally asked Toby are you really happy out here in the middle of nowhere?! Do you like this hotel?!! haha of course his answer was yes because he is happy everywhere but I convinced him to look up a few more places and I found one just one block from the Park closer to 5th avenue and it was only $100 more a night. Which apparently was a 100% increase because he had found this hotel for $100 a night. Oh my goodness! We spend one night there but first thing in the morning we took off to the other hotel and can I just tell you how dang happy I was?! It was night and day different. It was beautiful, in the middle of all the hustle and bustle, big screen tv, water bottles, everything felt fresh and new, restaurants all around, a roof top lounge, and a counter for my sink instead of just a pedestal. Everything was better and Toby admitted he like it better too. :) It all worked out. It didn't take long before we were ready and took off for my beloved Central Park!!!! Gosh I love that place. We ate crepes and walked all over the place, took pictures, and got on our boat ride. We walked past the Guggenheim and the Met and just really enjoyed the entire park. I love it there. We went back to the hotel to rest our feet and then decided to head down to Brooklyn to see our Blue Bloods house. We didn't know if it would be worth the money...it was like $75 bucks to uber there but let me tell you it was worth every penny! I loved seeing in the person! The driver had to think we were nuts haha. He took our picture and then got right back in the car and he drove us to the Brooklyn Bridge and dropped us off. I loved walking over the bridge back into the bottom of Manhattan. We walked for really long time. Like miles and miles and then eventually just took an uber the rest of the way home. It was a really wonderful first day and I was so grateful to go back to such a nice hotel. hahaha





























No comments: