Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve (Without a Doubt My Favorite Night of the Year)

BEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!! It always has been my very most favorite day. Maybe even more so now that I'm a mom. The anticipation and excitement is everywhere just as is the Spirit of Christmas. My Dad always called it the most spiritual night of the year. I LOVE the focus we put on our Savior on Christmas Eve. - That morning we had the Christensen's over to our place for a Christmas Eve brunch. We had eggs and hashbrowns in the crockpot, cinnamon roll casserole, yogurt, muffins, chocolate milk, orange juice, and more. SO much fun. We sang songs, read books, watched a movie, ate, and Toby gave a wonderful Christmas lesson. That evening we went over to my parents and ate more, laughed, and then settled down as my Dad has a read a wonderful talk on the true Christmas Spirit by Elder Boyd K Packer. It was sooo good. Then the kids were so excited to put on the Nativity because this year they had a little baby JESUS! Tate was so good and I couldn't believe how even sticking him in a laundry basket and dragging him around didn't make him cry. We opened our first gifts of Christmas...the kids got their darling Christmas Pj's from Grandma and Grandpa as well as their personalized Christmas Tree Ornaments and their Christmas Morning Breakfast Boxes. What fun traditons that my kids look so forward to! - Then comes my favorite part...where we get to take our kids home and have our own Christmas EVE! We put out the cookies and carrots and chocolate milk, write our notes to Santa, spread out the reindeer food on the lawn, and go upstairs to watch the Polar Express! We got on SantaTracker this year to find out where he was before he was heading out way and he was just leaving Equador heading towards us!...when Cash saw that he went straight to his little bed in our room and closed his eyes. This Christmas Eve was truly magical. Love these three little children of mine with all of my heart. I COULD NOT SLEEP this Year.

No comments: