Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The 2012 Presidential Election

Not that this is something that I really would like to remember, but I do feel like it was such a big part of our lives this year that I probably should have it documented. Toby and I were huge Mitt Romney supporters. Not only does he share our values but we both honestly believed in his ability to turn this country's economic problems around. This is the most involved in an election I have ever been. I really studied the issues and both of us become so emotionally involved that when Nov 6 came and went and he didn't win...there isn't a better word that describes how we felt than devastated. I cried. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. I can only imagine how Mitt and his family was feeling. In fact Toby and I were both so down the day after that we both felt like we really needed to get away and we packed our little family up and headed to St. George. So there it is. Obama won. He gets another 4 years to do more of the same that he's given us the last 4 years. UGH. Seriously blows my mind. I have to believe that Heavenly Father must have another plan for Mitt and for all of us. I could probably go on and on for hours about my feelings on this subject but this is it in a nutshell. Super disappointed. Feeling the need to get lots of food storage. Positive I need to pray for the future of our Country and for my posterity.

No comments: